Transfer of Residence

Typically when you import a vehicle from outside the EU (UK, Japan and other countries) to Ireland you are required to pay Customs Duty, VAT & VRT. However if you transfer residence from outside the EU to Ireland you may be exempt and it may be possible to import the vehicle tax free. Typically you need to have been resident outside the state for over 12 months and owned the vehicle for over 6 months.

At we have successfully completed transfer of residence applications for many customers which resulted in exemption from Customs Duty, VAT & VRT.

For more details go to Request a Customs Declaration.

Mini Cart 0

Your cart is empty.